Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Blog!!!

Okay, so I have been contemplating this for quite awhile.  My college roommate had a blog.  A friend of mine in school had a blog.  Even a fellow I didn't always agree with had a blog.  After reading blogs on both sides, I decided that I would see what all the fuss is about.  
To begin, I am not sure if I will be writing for this every single day.  As much as I love it, I just don't know how much time I will have.  As to the subject matter, I can promise you that you will see a mix of different subjects.  Anything from Drum Corps to College Life to History to Politics.  The point is that everyday you, the reader, come to this blog, you will hopefully see something new and fresh.  At the same time, this blog is also designed to cater to the reader.  Rather you agree with me or not, feel free to comment on the posts.  I promise you that while I may write rebuttals to posts that disagree with me, I will never delete posts negative to my beliefs unlike some other bloggers out there.  I believe in freedom of speech as well as the internet being an open forum.
I would like to thank some people at this point.  First to my friends at "Politalk" at Auburn High School.  These fellows have allowed me on a few times this year and I remember when some of us were on "Political Party Time" just last year.  Vin Giannone and Tom Ryan, the hosts of the show, are a perfect match for such a show and carry on the show myself, Drew, and Tom created last year.  I also want to thank my parents for teaching me to speak my mind despite what others might say.  Thank you to my friends at college.  Those who agree with me and those who love to debate with me.  You guys are the best.  As to the name of the blog, thanks to the Author of Off the Kufs who gave me this moniker during one of our many spirited debates.  What can I say, people at school saw it and the name stuck.  
In closing, I hope you enjoy what is written here.  If you have any comments, suggestions,or just want to say "hello",  please feel free to reply.  
Cheers,
Nick in Gettysburg

No comments:

Post a Comment