While I would be happy to see this, I must say that I too am a bit bothered by the line from a sppech everyone is talking about. The truth of the matter is that if a white man had said such a thing, it could be considered at the worst racist and at the least to be in ill taste. The fact of the matter is that this is another example of the double standars that exist in our society. I would not go so far to say that what Sotomayor said is entirely racist. At the same time, I do feel the words were in ill taste.
My problem is that too many people are piling on to this topic. I feel that it would be best of Ms. Sotomayor came forward and replied on the topic. If she cleared up what she meant it might help us to better understand. In the end, if we look at her record as a Federal judge, we see a clean and shining bill of service. She is most definately worthy of the position. What she said shouldn't keep her out of the job. For now, we will just have to wait and see how she acts as a Judge if she is, in fact, confirmed.
Cheers,
Nick in Gettysburg

No comments:
Post a Comment